Old March 1st 08, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Construction News Photograph - Where is it?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:06:45 GMT, Bill Hayles
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 01:19 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I visited the ELL in F stock
days. :-(

Alas, neither did I, nor of the loco change at Rickmansworth. Perhaps
we were just too young to realise that we were observing history.

I experienced the Rickmansworth loco change once or twice, in 1954 or
1955, when travelling to Chorleywood and Chenies. We were in the
carriages with the circular topped doors. RAF Chenies was the only
above-ground GCI station, where you could hear the aircraft flying
overhead, as well as see them on the radar screen. Those of us who
took the Meccano Magazine were well aware of the changeover procedure.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society