Old March 3rd 08, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default The barriers at Euston platforms 8-11 cannot cope

"Mizter T" wrote in message

Do they not stay open until they've detected someone (or something at
least) has passed through? I'm sure I've come across gates that are
still open for some reason, walked through them (coz I'm too lazy to
shove my ticket in the slot) and they've then closed behind me - I
hasten to add that I certainly wasn't inadvertently tailgating
someone! (Also, I obviously wouldn't do that if I needed the gates to
validate my Oyster card for PAYG purposes.)

Kind of OT, but I noticed that they are keeping one gate open for the tube
lines at KXSP, for Oyster use only. It's much nicer to have an open gate and
just breeze buy while touching in, rather than have to wait that full second
for the gate to open.