Old March 4th 08, 12:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thameslink/FCC ticket validity question again

On 4 Mar, 00:31, wrote:
The all important sentence from the National Fares Manual is this...

"In addition London Terminals fares are NOT valid if travelling beyond
St. Pancras International from the north or beyond City Thameslink
from the south."- Hide quoted text -

So can I get a priv ticket from Radlett to Farringdon, or would I need
to get out at St Pancras International, surrender the ticket, then use
the oyster for the rest of the journey?

You can get a ticket (whether priv or normal) no problem, you just
need to specify Farringdon as your destination when you start off.

You will actually be issued with a ticket to destination "London
Thameslink" (see bottom left of page A5 of the NFM) - this is a
special group of stations that includes...

St Pancras Int'l, Farringdon, City Thameslink, London Blackfriars,
London Bridge and Elephant & Castle

....so if you have a return you can start from any of those stations
back up to Radlett.

Note that whilst fares *to* these stations are issued to "London
Thameslink", tickets purchased *from* these stations are issued with
the origin as the specific named station.