Old November 16th 03, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
rob rob is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

"Robin May" wrote in message
. 1.4...
(Mait001) wrote the following in:

Allow me, if I may, to reply.

Robin, you seem to have some difficulty in accepting a consistency
between 2 totally consistent and coherent statements:

You have misunderstood the post to which I was replying.

1. Anti-war feeling is lower than it has been hyped-up to be.

Robert Griffith didn't say this. What he said was that he didn't
believe anti-war feeling was very strong. He said the reason he didn't
believe this was because the demonstration was only a million strong
and the population of the UK who could demonstrate was much bigger than
that.

2. There are other ways of making one's anti-war feelings known
other an public street demonstrations.

But he himself only recognised anti-war feeling when it was expressed
at a public street demonstration.

Hang on sunshine! Please stop twisting my words to suit your beliefs. Marc
summed up the points I was making admirably. Clearly I failed to get them
across to you, but then maybe that says more about your ability to
understand an opposite view than my inability to articulate my thoughts!

One final go, I believe:
a. the active anti-war/antiBush support is exaggerated
b. there are other ways to express ones disagreement rather than
participating in yobbish demonstrations! yep yobbish!

Robert Griffith