Old November 16th 03, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

Quite, Robert. You'd better get used to that sort of response for having
the
temerity to disagree with Robin!

Marc.

My pleasure Marc, I had to intervene because I find the arrogant assertions,
that almost everyone in this country support this cause, to be so far from
the truth!

Robert

Robert, indeed.

I was tempted to intervene on your behalf in the discussion you are having
about comparatively few people attending demonstrations and that, in any event,
there are other ways to express one's feelings apart from demonstrating. Your
point makes perfect sense to me - and I wish you luck in trying to explain it
again to those who fail to grasp the simple issue that:-

(a) not anything like the "majority" of the population opposed the war,
(b) that those who did demonstrate cannot be said to represent anyone but
themselves and
(c) that some who did not demonstrate had other means to express their views,
and
(d) a combination of those groups does not represent "the majority" of the
population anyway.

Marc.