Old March 5th 08, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Euston - Watford Junction

On 5 Mar, 14:35, Mizter T wrote:
On 5 Mar, 13:57, "Sam" wrote:

Hi All

I know Oyster PAYG is valid on London Overground services, but is it valid
using London Midland services ?

I am travelling this Sunday and intend to get London Midland trains as LO
has engineering works between H&W and WJ.

Cheers

Yes, Oyster PAYG is valid on London Midland trains from Watford
Junction to all stations south thereof. It's not surprising there is
some confusion about the matter as originally, back in November when
London Midland and London Overground took over Silverlink County and
Metro respectively, for the first week London Midland did not accept
Oyster PAYG on their trains north of Harrow & Wealdstone (Silverlink
had always accepted PAYG on the fast trains between Euston and H&W,
though I don't think many people realised this). After just a week
however they caved in and so now they do accept it.

Oyster PAYG is also valid on Southern trains from WJ as far as Clapham
Junction and at all intermediate stations.

As ever, always remember to touch-in and touch-out.

Trouble is you can't touch in on a train, so while you may have a
valid paper ticket from Watford to Euston, you can't use a Southern to
Clapham and only pay the zone 2 fare from Willesden to Clapham, you
have to buy a paper ticket from the ticket office. I guess they won't
sort that one out until national seasons are smart-ticketted.