Old November 16th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

Hang on sunshine! Please stop twisting my words to suit your beliefs. Marc
summed up the points I was making admirably. Clearly I failed to get them
across to you, but then maybe that says more about your ability to
understand an opposite view than my inability to articulate my thoughts!

One final go, I believe:
a. the active anti-war/antiBush support is exaggerated
b. there are other ways to express ones disagreement rather than
participating in yobbish demonstrations! yep yobbish!

Robert Griffith

Whilst I didn't use the word "yobbish", it is an excellent choice. My
girlfriend, who opposed the war, and had planned to go on the February
demonstration, immediately decided against it when she realised the sorts of
fellow-travellers whom she would indirectly be supporting by doing so. And she
also felt very strongly that the Police had better things to do with their time
than indulging the demonstrators.

Marc.