Old March 10th 08, 06:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default DLR Oyster validator

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.transport.london.]
In article ,
Offramp wrote:
On Mar 8, 1:46 am, MIG wrote:
On Mar 8, 1:16 am, Offramp wrote:

You still seem to be convinced that any non-compliance with
(nonsensical) ToCs must be fare evasion and that "when asked" implies
being caught out somehow.

Your argument - and other posters' arguments - is based on the premise
that the Cs-o-C are nonsensical.

Your argument is based on the premise that any breach of the Cs-O-C
makes you a fare evader. If I smoke on a train, then I breach
the conditions (and am an antisocial git) but I have not evaded the
fare.

Interestingly, Section 10 of the conditions [1] makes
it clear when TfL thinks that fare evasion has taken place - and
it very explicitly does NOT include someone with a valid season and
no record of touching in. It says:

--8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8--

10. Suspected fare evasion and prosecutions
10.1. If you are travelling on any of our services without either:

a ticket that is valid and available for the journey you are
making

an Oyster card containing a valid season ticket

an Oyster card, when you are paying as you go, showing a record
of the start of your trip

or

a valid 11-15 Oyster photocard if you are aged 14 or 15 and are
travelling free on a bus

a valid 16+ Oyster photocard if you are aged 16 or 17 (and if
eligible 18 or 19) and are travelling free on a bus

and we believe that you are trying to avoid paying the correct fare,
you may be prosecuted. If the court finds you guilty it can fine
you up to GBP1000 (or send you to prison for up to three months,
if you were travelling on London Underground).

[1] via http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...e-08-01-02.pdf

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash