Old March 10th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR Oyster validator

On Mar 10, 9:48*pm, Offramp wrote:
On Mar 10, 7:27 am, Mike Bristow wrote:

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.transport.london.]
In article ,
* * * * Offramp wrote:

On Mar 8, 1:46 am, MIG wrote:
On Mar 8, 1:16 am, Offramp wrote:

You still seem to be convinced that any non-compliance with
(nonsensical) ToCs must be fare evasion and that "when asked" implies
being caught out somehow.

Your argument - and other posters' arguments - is based on the premise
that the Cs-o-C are nonsensical.

Your argument is based on the premise that any breach of the Cs-O-C
makes you a fare evader. *If I smoke on a train, then I breach
the conditions (and am an antisocial git) but I have not evaded the
fare.

Interestingly, Section 10 of the conditions [1] makes
it clear when TfL thinks that fare evasion has taken place - and
it very explicitly does NOT include someone with a valid season and
no record of touching in. *It says:

--8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8--

10. Suspected fare evasion and prosecutions
10.1. If you are travelling on any of our services without either:

* a ticket that is valid and available for the journey you are
* making

* an Oyster card containing a valid season ticket

* an Oyster card, when you are paying as you go, showing a record
* of the start of your trip

or

* a valid 11-15 Oyster photocard if you are aged 14 or 15 and are
* travelling free on a bus

* a valid 16+ Oyster photocard if you are aged 16 or 17 (and if
* eligible 18 or 19) and are travelling free on a bus

and we believe that you are trying to avoid paying the correct fare,
you may be prosecuted. If the court finds you guilty it can fine
you up to GBP1000 (or send you to prison for up to three months,
if you were travelling on London Underground).

--8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8--

[1] viahttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/conditions-of-carriage-08-01-0...

--
Shenanigans! *Shenanigans! * *Best of 3!
* * * * -- Flash

A fascinating link!

There is an interesting section in that same document that you quoted
- you have to scroll up:

"6.6. Using a season ticket on your Oyster card
6.6.1. When you use London Underground, London Overground and National
Rail services, you must touch your Oyster card on the yellow card
reader at both the start and the end of your journey. If the ticket
gates at stations are open you must still touch your Oyster card on
the card reader."

The DLR version is hehttp://getoutmore.dlr.co.uk/pdf/cond...f_carriage.pdf
and says
"6.6. Using a season ticket on your Oyster card
6.6.1. When you use Docklands Light Railway, London Underground and
National Rail
services, you must touch your Oyster card on the card reader at both
the start and the end
of your journey. If the ticket gates at stations are open you must
still touch your Oyster card on the card reader."

I can't really express it more clearly than that.

Still waiting for you to justify your accusations of fare-evasion or
to come up with an example of how anyone with a travelcard valid for
their DLR journey can avoid a fare by not touching in.