Old March 11th 08, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default DLR Oyster validator

On Mar 11, 8:56 am, MIG wrote:
On Mar 11, 7:17 am, MIG wrote:

On Mar 11, 4:08 am, Offramp wrote:

Much earlier, I wrote:

"First of all I should point out to you that you cannot be charged
with fare evasion if you have a valid ticket."

Is this roundabout admission that you made a false accusation of fare-
evasion against me and anyone else who has traveled on the DLR with a
valid travelcard without touching in?

Or do you personally still think it's fare-evasion, because of your
obsession with some unworkable ToCs?

As I said earlier:
"I know that you will reply again saying that the Conditions of
Carriage are nonsensical and that everyone is happy, but those are
things for you to take up with Tfl's legal department. All I have done
is point out the relevant section and given at least one good reason
why that section would be there."

When I pointed out the condition that one has to touch in wherever
there is a validator I didn't think it would get quite the hysterical
response that it has. Why is an act that takes less than a second
causing seismic reactions?
Clearly, there is me and the Conditions of Carriage on one side, and
three or four people in this newsgroup on the other.
And since my argument is and always has been the Conditions of
Carriage, all I would be doing is repeating myself - repeating section
6.6.1 (Season tickets) - ad nauseam.
So in future, address your complaints to Tfl's legal department.