Old March 11th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Drivers pleasure

wrote:
"Ian F." wrote in message
"tim (not at home)" wrote in message

Do you think that they know?

Certainly. They can see/hear the train coming in on the opposite
platform and know dozens of people will want to change. So they pull
off just in time to make us wait for the next one!

I have seen that happen at Finchley Road with a Metropolitan Line
train. The train was in the station and the holding light indicated
that a Jubilee Line train was approaching.

Just as the latter stopped and opened its doors, the Metropolitan
Line train closed its doors.

Aren't drivers required to hold in the station as long as the holding
light is lit?

I also wonder how many holding lights there are on LUL -- the only
two that I have seen are at the westbound platform at Mile End and
the westbound platform at Finchely Road.

Are there any others?

I've never heard of these before. Are they just lights or do they have any
text? What colour are they?
--
Richard J.