Old March 11th 08, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Drivers pleasure

"Richard J." wrote in message
m...
wrote:

I also wonder how many holding lights there are on LUL -- the only
two that I have seen are at the westbound platform at Mile End and
the westbound platform at Finchely Road.

Are there any others?

I've never heard of these before. Are they just lights or do they have
any text? What colour are they?
--

There is a sign mounted at the end of the westbound platform at Mile End. It
lights up when a Central Line train approaches, and I believe it says Train

The holding light at Finchely Road looks similar to a tripcock testing
signal, only it displays the letter J when lit. It's located almost next to
the starter and is at about eye level.

Are either of those holding lights controlled from somewhere or do they
automatically light up when a train approaches?