Old March 12th 08, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Battersea Bridge Road

On 10 Mar, 12:07, Paul wrote:

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I've got to get to that void in the London Transport system called
Battersea tomorrow.

Well, apart from the busiest train station in the UK :-) But there's no
tube stations, no.

For those who are baffled by this, Clapham Junction is of course
actually in Battersea, not Clapham!

I'm travelling in from North London, so I can grab

the Piccadilly or Victoria lines, but no tube stations seem within miles
of it.
Is there a decent bus connection with any tube station ?

I need to get to Battersea Bridge Road in SW11

How about: Victoria line to Vauxhall. Short overground train to Clapham
Junction and then jump on a bus from there? There's several routes that
go to Battersea Bridge Road.

Or the Victoria line to Victoria, then a mainline train from Victoria
to Clapham Junction (there are trains every 5 minutes).

Alternatively take the Victoria line to Vauxhall, then the 344 bus to
the bottom of Battersea Bridge Road - the bus goes along east-west
Battersea Park Road, then a short walk up the road (or jump on a
passing bus). The journey on the 344 from Vauxhall will take less than
15 minutes off-peak, and the service runs frequently.

Battersea really isn't that hard to get to!