Old March 12th 08, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Battersea Bridge Road

In message , Edward Cowling
London UK writes

In message , Paul Terry
writes

Crikey ... the average house price in Battersea is already over
750,000 UKP - just think would a tube would do for the estate agents!

Give over !

No kidding. And that's the average for all properties. The average for
detached houses is now over one million. See sites such as:

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/sold_ho...01& year=2008

There are boarded up shops & buildings just on the South Side of
Battersea Bridge.

Yes, but Battersea is a good deal more than just Battersea Bridge Road -
the new riverside properties are very expensive, as are the Victorian
houses inhabited by the likes of Ian Hislop, Nick Ross, Jack Dee and
others.

Mind you Lord Archer lives in a tower block in SE11 which must be worth
several million

A good deal more than that, I suspect. There's a small two-bedroom flat
in the same block currently on the market for 3.5 million if you are
interested ...

but I'm darned if I'd want to live in SE11 :-)

Ah, perhaps not then.

--
Paul Terry