Old March 13th 08, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Battersea Bridge Road

Peter Heather wrote:
On 12 Mar, 12:33, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message

Put a decent tube link in and the area would blossom. In the ends it
took me 2 hours to get from Palmers Green to Battersea Bridge. I may
have been unlucky,
but no one is going to do that twice a day out of choice.

That's a typical north London attitude along the lines of the famous
newspaper headline "Fog in Channel. Europe cut off". Those of us in
the civilised part of London (south of the river) find little trouble
in moving around using things called trains and even buses. The almost
complete absence of the underground network isn't any sort of problem
at all. You should get out more ;-)

Yes - a nice cheap improvement showing transport availability for those
heading south of the river would be to remove all the 'tube maps' and put
ATOC 'London Connections' maps up everywhere.

Quite easy to implement I would have thought...

Paul S