Old March 13th 08, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Northern Line near collision

MIG wrote:
On 12 Mar, 20:44, wrote:

However, I feel that an obvious suggestion has been overlooked. Why
not paint the end walls of platform tunnels a distinctive colour to
indicate the normal direction of travel - or perhaps to mark ends
from which movements are not normally carried out? The driver would
have clocked he was heading the wrong way down the platform straight
away.

Yeah, I thought that. At a cost of a pot of paint and a few hours'
work per line. Could just be a coloured square or something.

A red disc with a white cross bar is more traditional.