Old March 13th 08, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(not at home\) tim \(not at home\) is offline

Default train cancellation compensation

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
On 13 Mar, 11:02, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
we were workin in Bath yesterday, on the way back our train was
(eventually) cancelled and we were taxi'd to Swindon where we
(finally, cold and hungry) got a train to paddington.

This all made our day a bit of an epic, is there any point in
complaining, and to who, and is any compensation due?

Depends what caused it. Presumably you were over an hour late so
you'll get 50%, maybe 100% (if you were two hours late) of the return
ticket price back in vouchers

When I sent in a refund claim from GWR for IIRC, 2 hours late, they just
ignored me. Ironically, I only went by train that day because earlier in
the week a car trip to Reading had taken 2 hours longer than normal.

They won't be getting any more of my custom where I have a choice.

tim