Old March 13th 08, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Kensington Olympia district line

On 13 Mar, 18:42, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

I was on a train at Earl's Court earlier and the announcer was
advising anyone who wanted Olympia to walk as it would be quicker
than
waiting for the next train.

Does this happen a lot? Why has the branch survived?

No - and because a hell of a lot of people use it.

Only when there is a big exhibition on. Most of the time the trains are
virtually empty.

Peter Smyth

Not true, I was actually there counting passengers on Tuesday and I
have to say I was most surprised at the numbers using both tube and
Overground. Many passengers also enter and leave via the east, non
exhibition side.

MaxB