Old March 13th 08, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Kensington Olympia district line

Steve M wrote:

Not true. There are only a few quieter stations anywhere else on the
network, and certainly none as close to Central London as Olympia.
There are around 400 entries and 400 exits during the AM peak (0700
to 1000) which, if divided between the 12 or so trains which run
during this period, give around 30 per train, or 5 per carriage. Off
peak, the numbers are lower.

Sorry - but that doesn't square with my observations on many afternoons, on
non-exhibition days, when there is a constant stream of (mainly) business
passengers feeding into both LUL and Overground services. I'd estimate at
least double those figures from about 15:30 onwards. I can't speak for the
morning peak, as I've never used it that early, apart from on Saturdays,
when I've experienced the kind of numbers that you suggest.