Old March 13th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Kensington Olympia district line

On 13 Mar, 21:08, Steve M wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:
I was on a train at Earl's Court earlier and the announcer was
advising anyone who wanted Olympia to walk as it would be quicker than
waiting for the next train.

Does this happen a lot? Why has the branch survived?

No - and because a hell of a lot of people use it.

Not true. There are only a few quieter stations anywhere else on the
network, and certainly none as close to Central London as Olympia. There
are around 400 entries and 400 exits during the AM peak (0700 to 1000)
which, if divided between the 12 or so trains which run during this
period, give around 30 per train, or 5 per carriage. Off peak, the
numbers are lower. Roding Valley, Chigwell and Chesham are lower... any
others?

Cheers

Steve M

You are referring to the Overground - the OP was talking about the
tube, and of the trains I observed (but didn't count) I would reckon
up to 200 on several trains, maybe a 1000 in total between 0700 and
1000. Incidentally, we counted over 400 entries and exits just on the
southbound platform.

MaxB