Old November 16th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

To change the subject slightly, there is a similar "singing" sound from
the overhead power lines at Ealing Broadway station; at least, that's
where it appears to be coming from. It is constant, i.e. it doesn't
start up just when a train is approaching, and it is quite loud. I
haven't noticed it on other lines with overhead electrification, so I
wonder what is causing it?

I was there the other day, and wondering what the strange noise was. It
seemed to me to be more of a beeping than a singing though.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do