Old March 16th 08, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sophie Sophie is offline

Default Emirates Stadium & public transport

On 15 Mar, 13:15, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 06:01:19 -0700 (PDT), Offramp

wrote:
There was a recent thread here about getting to the Emirates stadium
by public transport.
The upshot seemed to be that depending on where you were sitting one
or other cf the many stations would he best.
Anyway, I was wondering if any other stadium in Europe is so well
served by trains and train stations?

Wembley? - it has three stations.

QPR will have 5 later this year. �White City, Wood Lane, Shepherds Bush,
Shepherds Bush Market, Shepherds Bush Overground.

I'm not sure it's down to number of stations - it's really to do with
links in a network and capacity. Hence Berlin's Olympiastadion or
Paris's Stade de France might do equally well in giving good access to
the site of the stadium.
--
Paul C

The Emirates isn't as well served as it should be. Drayton Park is
closed on matchdays (it seems a bit insane to me but what do i know),
Holloway Road is exit only after the match and it was totally closed
the last time I went. So that leaves Arsenal but Highbury &
Islington's not far off

chelsea is close to Fulham Broadway and West Brompton, Earl's Court
obviously close too. So I don't know why they want their own station
on the London Overground too especially when West Brompton's on the
LO. They might be getting a station on the Chelsea-Hackney Line too if
that's ever built.