Old November 16th 03, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Chris Jones Chris Jones is offline

Default Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

Are we really going to be able to limit licences? I cant see thsi unless
we have to start paying for them. I am sure the human rights brigade
would have plenty to say about allowing Eddie to have a licence
but not George

You're missing the point - we don't have to limit the number of licenses -
they will naturally flatten out when everybody who wants one has one. The
current growth is largely due to most young women getting their own licenses
now, whereas a large number of old women never had a license. Therefore,
although the population is remaining roughly stable, the people dying out
didn't have licenses whereas the younger people who replace them do have.