Old March 16th 08, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default East Putney station

[crossposted to uk.railway]

On 16 Mar, 10:19, wrote:

I think that during Easter weekend a lot of rail work will be taking
place at Clapham Junction.
Many services are being diverted.
I am sure I read somewhere that some passenger trains will use the
line that goes from Clapham Junction to Wimbledon via East Putney.
As far as I know National Rail does not normally use this line for
trains carrying passengers it would be nice to use this opportunity to
ride the line. (The District line uses shares it after East Putney).
Does anyone know what services, if any, are being diverted on this
route during the Easter break?
Thanks

This route is used at least twice every day by National Rail trains -
it just happens late or very early in the day.

See the entry under "Point Pleasant Junction - East Putney":
http://www.avoe05.dsl.pipex.com/2008.htm

Of course if you travel on one of the late trains it's most likely
going to be dark outside, so not much to see - I've been that way a
few times, not to 'bash' the line but just to get from A to B when it
was late.

SWT has some engineering works info on their website - but I haven't
deciphered it to work out what trains are going which way (hence me
crossposting this to uk.railway for what I hope will be some expert
advice!).

This is the entry for Easter Sunday - use the calendar on the right to
select the other days of the Easter weekend:
http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWT...s/080323SU.htm