Old March 16th 08, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] billetelic_ferroequinologist@hotmail.com is offline

Default Jumping the single track at Finsbury Park

On Mar 16, 8:02*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
Changing trains at Finsbury Park the other day, I needed to get from
one northbound island to the other, which are separated by only a
single track. For more than one moment I looked at it and thought "I
could jump that"*. The platforms are plenty wide enough to get a good
run up. So:

i) Would this be trespassing on a railway?
ii) Has anyone done this or seen it done?

(* I wimped out and traipsed through the subway)

--http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

I doubt if it could be construed as trespassing, but it could
definitely be construed as endangering the safe operation of the
railway and its staff and passengers (if you hit someone on landing,
for example). I would strongly urge against it - the gap is about 10
feet or 3 metres, which is a fairly long jump.