Old March 16th 08, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default Ian Jelf: Shameless Plug for Free Walk

In article ,
says...
I occasionally get people from on here asking about the various walks I
do around London and have to explain that I don't do "public" ones, only
ones arranged for private groups.

Well, this is British Tourism Week and a whole host of London Blue Badge
Guides are providing free walks on various "Great British" Themes around
the capital.

I - for my sins - am doing "Great British Villains", a walk around
Whitechapel and Bethnal Green in the steps of the Kray Twins tomorrow
afternoon and - although transport interest is limited to the Bethnal
Green Tube Disaster, anyone from utl coming along would be moist welcome
and please do say "hello".

The walk starts at Whitechapel Underground Station at 2.00pm and ends
back there around 4.00pm.

I stress again that it's FREE (ie there's nothing in it for me or any of
my colleagues, other than to promote London and Britain) and you can
read more about it and many other walks (which might interest some of
even more) at:

http://www.blue-badge-guides.com/ITGD2008-london.html

or

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...ls/Walk+free+i
n+London/article.do

Sadly I forgot about this walk until Saturday evening, so missed it.

I have however read Diamond Geezer's review, would have liked to met him
as well.

http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/20...r_archive.html