Old March 17th 08, 03:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Jumping the single track at Finsbury Park

On Mar 16, 8:02 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:

Changing trains at Finsbury Park the other day, I needed to get from
one northbound island to the other, which are separated by only a
single track. For more than one moment I looked at it and thought "I
could jump that"*. The platforms are plenty wide enough to get a good
run up. So:

i) Would this be trespassing on a railway?
ii) Has anyone done this or seen it done?

(* I wimped out and traipsed through the subway)

As you hit the edge of the opposite platform the concrete would have
crumbled, and you would have been left left hanging over the rails by
your fingertips. A moustachioed man a in a suit would have then
approached you, but instead of helping he would slowly have stepped on
your fingers while laughing. I've seen that happen.