Old March 17th 08, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Jumping the single track at Finsbury Park

In message
, at
09:31:41 on Mon, 17 Mar 2008, furnessvale
remarked:
Narrow locks are about 7ft 3ins wide at the bottom (my boat was 7ft
0.5ins wide. Some boats have spread to 7ft 2ins and still get through
most locks). When you allow for the batter up to the top they come
out at about 8ft on average.

Having scraped down both sides of some locks in a 6ft 10inch boat, I
suspect we'll have to agree that they vary quite a bit.