Old March 17th 08, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard[_2_] Richard[_2_] is offline

Default Jumping the single track at Finsbury Park

furnessvale wrote:
On 16 Mar, 20:02, Mr Thant
wrote:
Changing trains at Finsbury Park the other day, I needed to get from
one northbound island to the other, which are separated by only a
single track. For more than one moment I looked at it and thought "I
could jump that"*. The platforms are plenty wide enough to get a good
run up. So:

i) Would this be trespassing on a railway?
ii) Has anyone done this or seen it done?

Slightly OT. I was once working a boat down the Oxford canal when I
came across a youth who was jumping across the lock rather than
walking to the far gates. About 8ft wide so nearly the same width.

George

Hi George

Hope you are well.

Grannybuttons has a photo of someone jumping over at Kings Norton:
http://www.grannybuttons.com/granny_..._stop_loc.html

On narrow canals I happily step across from or to a closed gate, that
always feels more than 4' ! If only I could do the same round London ...

--
Richard