Old March 17th 08, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Ken Ken is offline

Default Jumping the single track at Finsbury Park

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 02:36:12 -0700 (PDT), solar penguin
wrote:

On 17 Mar, 00:20, Ken wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:43:48 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

At Barking District line trains open their doors to platforms on both
sides - my memory is failing me here but I think this is for eastbound
trains only (ICBW).

This is correct. WB District line trains stop on one side of the Up
island platform allowing cross-platform interchange with Up c2c
services. On the other side of the WB District line is the Down Grays
via Rainham line, then the island platform, then the Up Grays line.
(not sure of correct nomenclature but YKWIM).

Are you sure?

IIRC it's the eastbound District Line that stops on one side of the
Down island platform. And on the other side of the EB District Line
is the GOBLin island. There's no cross-platform interchange between
the District and the Grays via Rainham line at all.

No, you misunderstand me. I meant that on the other side of the WB
district is the *track* of the Down Grays line, not the platform.

Platforms at Barking are (IIRC)
1: GOBLIN terminating bay
2: EB District line (faces on both sides)
3: EB Bay (London end of 2 (South side)
4: Down c2c main
5: Up c2c main
6: WB District