Old November 16th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

"Mait001" wrote in message
No doubt some demonstrators are "ordinary" people but, I firmly

believe,
the
vast majority of "ordinary" people do not demonstrate - ever.

Marc.

What exactly is an ordinary person?

Someone who is not a member of the rent-a-mob that turns out for most
demonstrations that take place.

I've never been to a demonstration, but I've been in agreement with several.
Plenty of my friends are the same. (We're an apathetic lot). I don't think
you can just dismiss demonstrations of this scale as a "rent-a-mob" -
especially not if you're going to use "silent majority" arguments.

Jonn