Old March 18th 08, 01:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default StP retail fit-out - still a work in progress

Mr Thant wrote:

Although some of the more boutiquey shops look yet to get their first
customer. There's a posh shirt shop on the west side where the staff
looked suicidal last time I passed. The food shops are doing well.

I haven't paid particular attention to the boutique staff but I know
what you mean. The book shop looked moderately busy when I last saw it.

I have to say that I am rather partial to the Peyton and Byrne chocolate
cake, although their rather basic seating leaves a lot to be desired.
Camden Food are OK but a raspberry muffin I bought from them at Euston
was like a rubbish fairy cake with two small raspberries on the top...

(and how long was the big Marks and Spencer open for? It opened after
the station and closed again at least a month ago, so it can't have
more than a few weeks. Deserted too)

The big M&S store was probably open for about a month before they
mothballed it. I do hope they reopen it soon because as much as I like
the food that Le Pain Quotidien and their ilk offer, M&S generally sell
similar quality goodies for less since they are not just a bakery/cafe/etc.