Old March 20th 08, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default East Putney station

On Mar 20, 4:30*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
MIG wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:48 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

I think that during Easter weekend a lot of rail work will be taking
place at Clapham Junction.
Many services are being diverted.
I am sure I read somewhere that some passenger trains will use the
line that goes from Clapham Junction to Wimbledon via East Putney.
As far as I know National Rail does not normally use this line for
trains carrying passengers it would be nice to use this opportunity
to ride the line. (The District line uses shares it after East
Putney). Does anyone know what services, if any, are being diverted
on this route during the Easter break?
Thanks

A check today on SWT's journey planner shows a 6 tph frequency
Wimbledon - Clapham Junction & return on Saturday.

Paul

Two of them (taking 28 minutes) are by bus, presumably serving
Earlsfield.

The other four are down to take 15 minutes. *The usual journey time is
7 minutes, so that would seem to confirm that they are not going the
usual way, although I would have thought that 15 minutes, via a single
track connection and fitting in with the District Line is a bit
ambitious.

I'm reading it as there are 6 tph and 3 buses. SWT's display only shows 5
services at once, you have to click 'earlier' or 'later' as well.

Ah right. In that case even more potential inteference with the
District.

Although there is no sign on TfL's site of any service 'reductions' on the
District Line, could they be running a reduced frequency compared to a
normal Saturday *

As well as six non-stop services each way threading between stopping
services, that's twelve tph in total down a single track at East
Putney and also fitting in between regular services to and from Putney
on the flat.

The whole thing does seem a bit ambitious.