Old March 21st 08, 11:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default StP retail fit-out - still a work in progress

On 21 Mar, 11:45, "news outlook" wrote:
Anyone know why they closed it? * An insufficiency of customers?

There were more staff than customers the few times I went in, and it
was a big shop filled with mostly very perishable stock, so must have
cost a fortune to keep open.

Will it be coming back?

It was the only shop in that part of the station open to customers,
and a long way from anywhere passengers would be wandering past. This
will change with the opening of the Kent platforms and the tunnel to
the Northern Ticket Hall. I'd expect it to reopen when the other shops
at that end of the station do, though they don't seem in any hurry.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London