Old March 21st 08, 12:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default StP retail fit-out - still a work in progress

On Mar 21, 12:09 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 21 Mar, 11:45, "news outlook" wrote:

Anyone know why they closed it? An insufficiency of customers?

There were more staff than customers the few times I went in, and it
was a big shop filled with mostly very perishable stock, so must have
cost a fortune to keep open.

Will it be coming back?

It was the only shop in that part of the station open to customers,
and a long way from anywhere passengers would be wandering past. This
will change with the opening of the Kent platforms and the tunnel to
the Northern Ticket Hall. I'd expect it to reopen when the other shops
at that end of the station do, though they don't seem in any hurry.

M&S made a valiant effort to attract people to visit it, with staff
hanging around the station handing out vouchers for free pastries.
Presumably it wasn't enough. (The only reason I went there was to
avoid the queues in the much-busier M&S Simply Food in the "arcade").

PaulO