Old March 22nd 08, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default East Putney station

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

At the risk of restarting an old thread, although there are tripcocks for
LU trains, the line is still signalled and owned by Network Rail, so I
believe that's why mainline trains don't need tripcocks.

What do they use for a redundant safety system, then?

Slightly off topic, but FCC trains out of Moorgate are equipped with
tripcocks, aren't they? Who is operating that segment of track?

(Having said that, I realise that the trains running from Clapham Junction
to Wimbledon are doing so under extraordinary cicumstances, and so I
wouldn't expect them to be equipped with tripcocks.)

Its possible there isn't AWS - perhaps that explains the 30 mph limit?

I have also seen the speed signs East Putney and Wimbledon, which
distinguish between LUL and NR trains. But, without a redundant saftey
system, I would expect the NR speed to be lower than 30 miles -- more like
15 miles.