Old March 23rd 08, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default East Putney station

"Mizter T" wrote in message

All the 'mainline' lines out of Moorgate are owned by Network Rail
these days, and I'm almost certain that tripcocks are not in use on
either line these days.

I should have made that delineation. FCC Thameslink trains out of Moorgate
indeed are not equipped with tripcocks.

The "Northern City line" in a large diameter tube that runs up to
Drayton Park has been in mainline railway ownership since it
transferred from LU to British Rail in 1975 or 76.

The Northern City Line is another story, however. I have seen policemen
operating as trains pull into Moorgate. I'm not saying that the whole
segment between Moorgate and Drayton Park is equipped with stoparms, because
I simply don't know, but I did see them at Moorgate.

Is it possible that they simply left the policemen at Moorgate when NR took
over? It would be surprising to see them working after all these years.

At least two SWT trains routinely run along that stretch late at
night/ early in the morning.

Revenue or non-revenue?