Old March 23rd 08, 09:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default StP retail fit-out - still a work in progress

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:55:13 -0700 (PDT), Paul Oter
wrote:

M&S made a valiant effort to attract people to visit it, with staff
hanging around the station handing out vouchers for free pastries.
Presumably it wasn't enough. (The only reason I went there was to
avoid the queues in the much-busier M&S Simply Food in the "arcade").

I remember some publicity before the opening which suggested that
there's be an M & S within St Pancras with a reasonable range of both
food and clothing. So I was surprised , on my one visit there, to
find most of the space given over to food and only a very limited
range of clothing. And in the absence of other shops open in the area
it wasn't going to attract much passing trade; I went in partly out of
curiosity, partly because I was changing between Thameslink amd the
suburban platforms at Kings Cross.

Martin