Old November 17th 03, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ralf Hermanns Ralf Hermanns is offline

Default The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

Ealing Broadway. When I am at Turnham Green, I have noticed that the
tracks make strange noises when either a Piccadilly or a District
train is approaching. No matter how fast the incoming train is
traveling, the tracks twang, rattle and vibrate like huge springs are
being snapped back and forth. Once the train has passed by, the sound

I am not sure we are talking about the same noise, but I know something like
what you describe can be heard very well on the District Line east bound at
West Ham. Get off a train and wait for the next one to Barking or
Upminster...