Old March 23rd 08, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East Putney station

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
m...

The answer is that the line is fitted with TPWS as well as the
LUL trainstop system. At each signal, there is a TPWS loop and a
trainstop.

I thought there might be something like that. I'm also guessing
that it would be illegal to have tracks not equipped with some sort
of redundant saftey system in potential revenue service.

I thought TPWS was installed on a risk-of-SPADs basis, so not on all
stretches of all passengers lines?

That is correct, in fact a number of TPWS installations are being
removed as some overkill occured during the original fitting.

Does that mean that AWS is then counted as the redundant safety system?
Or is even that not necessary? After all, not all lines have AWS.

--
Colin Rosenstiel