Old March 23rd 08, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default East Putney station

wrote in message
.. .

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

What is that, signals with only two lenses that use LED lamps?

No, just electrical boxes with the same 'over engineered' supporting
framework in the current NR style...

Oh.

I saw the ones that I described in my previous post at London Bridge. Are
those not scheduled to eventually replace the current operating ones?

I'm not even sure that what I saw is directly associated with a signal,
could be anything electrical really. The LED signals you mention do seem to
be becoming the norm for replacements and new installations, although the
Portsmouth area resignalling last year seems to have been unusual in having
conventional 3 and 4 aspect lamps fitted. Possibly a sign that the hardware
was bought some while ago and set aside. [BTW you'll only see two LED heads
when four aspects are needed, a single head can display 3 colours.]

Paul