Old March 23rd 08, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East Putney station

In article ,
() wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
l.co.uk...

Does that mean that AWS is then counted as the redundant safety
system?

How doe we understand the term redundant? I understand it to mean
that something to back up the human factor in operating safety if
that fails.

Or is even that not necessary? After all, not all lines have AWS.

Where are there areas that are not equipped with AWS?

Not many in London I expect, but it is not universal.

--
Colin Rosenstiel