Old March 24th 08, 03:21 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default LEZ, Congestion charge and foreign vehicles

In message , at 15:35:15 on Mon, 24
Mar 2008, Conor remarked:
If a foreign car or lorry comes into London and does not pay, then
drives straight to the port and back overseas. What happens?
I ask because there seems to be a lot of Romanian lorries around
nowadays. Also the other day when walking along Baker Street I noticed
quite a few cars with Polish and Baltic States number plates.

The same as happens with speeding fines and parking fines - they get
thrown in the bin as there's sod all chance of getting the money.

With all those ANPR cameras why can't they set up a roadblock just
outside Dover and nab the lot of them?