Old March 25th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin D. Pay Martin D. Pay is offline

Default Crossrail could bankrupt London - says Ken Livingstone

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:59:55 +0000, Roland Perry
mangled uncounted electrons thus:

In message , at 16:36:51 on
Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Grumpy Old Man
remarked:
The London 2012 Olympics will cost £18bn, is that essential?

Is it even correct? The bill for the infrastructure is £4.8bn

Is that any
less bankrupting then Crossrail?

An utter waste of money.

And there's an estimated £6Bn benefit, so I'm not as pessimistic as you
are.

The good citizens of Montreal were paying a special tax to meet
the cost of the games (held in 1976) until 2006, so a friend who
lives out there tells me...

Martin D. Pay
Holding the Olympics is a ridiculous luxury that we simply don't
need. IMO, of course...