Old November 17th 03, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Hammersmith & City strike on 13 November

In article ,
(Robert Woolley) wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:16:51 +0000 (UTC),

wrote:

In article ,
(Boltar) wrote:

wrote in message

[snip]
That may be true but it hardly applies in this case.

B2003

True. It was more of a general observation.

Roger

I hope the eyesight test is rather more than basic - signal sighting
is fairly critical!

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

The yearly one generally involves reading a number plate (or similar) at a
certain distance and stating what colour aspect is being shown from a
handlamp.

This covers being able to see a signal and identifying the aspect
correctly. If at a medical, then the eyesight is tested more thoroughly.
The eyesight may also be tested, using standard opticians charts, when
applying for a second pair of glasses following an eye test at a local
opticians and it is necessary for the prescription to be changed, or if it
is identified via an optician or from the yearly test that glasses must
now be worn. (T/Ops must provide a second pair of glasses and keep them
with them at all times - LU refund some of the cost of this (I think it's
around £50-60))

Roger