Old March 25th 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Miles Bader Miles Bader is offline

Default Crossrail could bankrupt London - says Ken Livingstone

"Lüko Willms" writes:
So - learn German and move to Frankfurt.

You don't need to speak German to work in many of the banks here.

My impression is that most educated Germans speak better English than I
do... :-/

[ The first time I went to Germany, I came out of the airport, and tried
to ask a question in German at a newsstand -- whereupon the newsagent
started yelling at me to "speak English!" :-O

It was kind of a relief to go to (former) East Germany (this was just
after unification) where I could practice speaking German without
risking ridicule... ]

-Miles

--
Opposition, n. In politics the party that prevents the Goverment from running
amok by hamstringing it.