Old March 26th 08, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Crossrail could bankrupt London - says Ken Livingstone

On Mar 26, 9:17*am, Mizter T wrote:
On 26 Mar, 05:59, The Real Doctor wrote:

On 25 Mar, 22:15, Tony Polson wrote:

Dan G wrote:

On Mar 25, 1:37 pm, Tony Polson wrote:

Dan G wrote:
I think the real rub of Crossrail is that for £16bn you could have
pretty much every other project one would want on the rest of the
English network -- Weald re-openings, East-West routes, lots of
electrification, old alignments and useful chords reopened, lots of
railfrieght interchanges etc. All that would benefit more people in
more places than Crossrail ever will.

Complete tosh.

Please explain.

No point lecturing to the deaf.

And that, Dan, is all you'll get, I'm afraid.

Irritating, isn't it.

I'm guessing that Mr Polson doesn't think £16bn would cover the cost
of all these other projects, but as he hasn't deemed it necessary to
clarify himself when asked politely

Behavior many of us are used to seeing. We have learned to ignore it.