Old March 26th 08, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,rec.travel.europe
R.C. Payne R.C. Payne is offline

Default Car rental return location with easy London, St Pancras transfer?

Mizter T wrote:
On 26 Mar, 18:28, "Lüko Willms" wrote:
Am Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:32:48 UTC, schrieb "Graham Harrison"
auf uk.railway :

Unless you can find a rental office actually at St Pancras

how about at Ebbsfleet...

You know, I don't actually think there are any car rental facilities
at Ebbsfleet, not yet at least. Perhaps there's somewhere in
Northfleet, the adjacent town. I'm sure they'll be somewhere in
Gravesend.

There might well be something in Northfleet, there are a few car
showroom type places by the football ground, and there might well be a
rental place in there. I expect there is somewhere in Gravesend too, or
in Dartford. There is a reasonably frequent bus that goes between
Dartford and Gravesend that calls at Ebbsfleet Station (the new
"fasttrack" buses), so a rental place in either Dartford of Gravesend
should leave you with reasonably good access to Ebbsfleet station.

Robin (who has the misfortune to visit Gravesend frequently)