Old March 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Car rental return location with easy London, St Pancras transfer?

On 26 Mar, 20:49, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:32:48
on Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Graham Harrison
remarked:

On a Sunday afternoon in late July my wife and I will be departing from
St. Pancras station in London via Eurostar. Prior to this we will be
using a rental car for a few days, based in Cookham, Berks.

If you can drop the car off at Heathrow, I think that's the best option.
The Piccadilly line train is approx 1 hour to St Pancras. I can't think
of a faster way.

Heathrow Express to Paddington then Hammersmith & City or Circle line
to St. Pancras would likely be quicker, though not by that much, and
would of course be a whole lot more expensive. I'd recommend the
Piccadilly line.

After dropoff you might want to try going via the new Heathrow Terminal
5, compared to the centrally located T123.

That does somewhat depends upon where the car rental dropoff point in
Heathrow is really!