Old March 27th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Car rental return location with easy London, St Pancras transfer?

In message
, at
14:07:42 on Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Mizter T remarked:
Heathrow Express to Paddington then Hammersmith & City or Circle line
to St. Pancras would likely be quicker, though not by that much, and
would of course be a whole lot more expensive. I'd recommend the
Piccadilly line.

Remembering that it's a Sunday, I wouldn't bet on a high frequency of
trains on the Circle or H&C. And with luggage to shift as well.

After dropoff you might want to try going via the new Heathrow Terminal
5, compared to the centrally located T123.

That does somewhat depends upon where the car rental dropoff point in
Heathrow is really!

Most of them are apparently along the north perimeter road, so T5 is the
closest. Hence my suggestion. Also bearing in mind that the railway
station at T123 isn't actually *at* any of the terminals, so you'd need
to guess one and then walk (after being dropped off).